If you’ve put buying a Honda on your New Year’s to-do list, then you have an important choice to make. Do you purchase a brand-new Honda or go with a pre-owned model? As we’ll see, there are benefits and drawbacks to both options.
Your friendly Miami Valley Honda Dealers near Dayton, OH want to help you with making this important decision by offering you some insights into the pros and cons of buying a new Honda versus purchasing a pre-owned one.
Why Buy A Pre-Owned Honda?
- Choice – One of the benefits of purchasing pre-owned Honda is a larger selection of vehicles. In fact, our network of Honda dealers near Beavercreek offer you an unparalleled selection of quality pre-owned Honda in a wide variety of flavors.
- Save On Registration – Depending on where you live, you may pay less for your vehicle registration with a used vehicle compared to a new one.
- Not Cosmetically Perfect – If you are someone who cringes at the thought of getting your shiny new Honda’s first parking-lot scratch or door ding, then maybe a “gently used” Honda is a better choice. Minor blemishes that don’t affect a used Honda’s overall looks may nonetheless make you feel better about parking it in a crowded lot.
- Lower Price – Well, of course, pre-owned Hondas cost less, and that’s their big appeal, especially if you’re a budget-conscious buyer. Lower prices on our extensive selection of pre-owned Hondas for sale near Dayton mean that you may be able to afford a more luxurious and well-equipped Honda compared to the cost of a brand-new one.
- Certified Quality – You don’t have to settle for less when you purchase a Honda Certified Pre-owned vehicle from one of our Miami Valley Honda Dealers near Richmond, OH. Certified Hondas go through an extensive reconditioning process to ensure their “like-new” quality. That means you can buy one of our many practically new Certified Hondas and possibly save thousands of dollars compared to a similarly equipped 2017 Honda. We also offer a 7 year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty on Certified Honda models.
- Cheaper Insurance – Generally speaking, the older the vehicle, the less expensive it is to insure. How much you’ll save depends on your level of coverage and your insurance carrier.
- No Depreciation Hit – The moment you drive any new car off of a dealer’s lot it instantly becomes a “used car.” That means a new car will steadily lose value over time. The biggest depreciation usually happens in the first year of new-car ownership. However, when you buy a pre-owned Honda, the former owners have already taken this depreciation hit for you
The Benefits Of Buying A New Honda
- New Car Warranty – Honda backs its new vehicles with one of the best warranties in the business. When you purchase a 2017 Honda, you’ll get all of the benefits of this new-car warranty protection.
- Better Financing Options – Banks will usually give you a better finance deal because the car you’re financing is brand-new and therefore has more value because it hasn’t been depreciated yet.
- It’s Your Car & Nobody Else’s – There’s something about that intoxicating “new car smell” that tells you that your new 2017 Honda is yours and yours alone. Apart from a few test drives, your new Honda is uniquely yours right from the moment you get behind the wheel. It also doesn’t come with any possible “excess baggage” from previous owners. You can also order your new Honda with the specific options and features you want.
- The Latest Technology – Pre-owned vehicles may be a couple of steps behind regarding the latest and greatest infotainment and safety technologies. However, when you buy a new 2017 Honda, you’ll be getting Honda’s latest advancements, such as Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, navigation, and a large touchscreen display. You’ll also get Honda’s most cutting-edge available “Honda Sensing™” active safety features which may not be offered on older models.
- Better Fuel Economy & Lower Emissions – When you buy a new Honda, you’re taking advantage of Honda’s most advanced and innovative engineering. Honda’s newest models feature the automaker’s latest Earth Dreams™ i-VTEC technology for improved performance and lower gas mileage. Plus, Honda’s Hybrid Synergy Drive™ found in its newest models take fuel savings to new levels. And an added benefit is lower emissions, so you’re also helping the environment while saving money at the pump.
Make The Right Choice At Your Miami Valley Honda Dealers
Regardless of whether you choose to purchase a new or a pre-owned Honda, we’ll help you make the right choice that will fit your budget and your lifestyle.
We’re celebrating the start of the New Year with incredible savings on our vast inventory of new 2017 Hondas for sale near Springfield, OH. Now is the time to get some of the best deals as we move out our existing inventory of 2016 Hondas to make way for the new 2017 Honda models. Be sure to check out our latest Honda factory incentives. You’ll also find some amazing deals on our large selection of Honda Certified Pre-owned vehicles for sale near Dayton, OH.
Whether you buy new or used, you’ll save more at your conveniently located Miami Valley Honda Dealers.