Winning awards isn’t new to the Honda Accord—it’s been on the Car and Driver 10Best list a record-breaking 31 times—but there’s something different about the 2018 Accord. What, exactly? Well, after grabbing two 2018 KBB awards, this completely redesigned Honda sedan isn’t shy about showing off its glitz, glamour, and everything else that makes it the Overall Best Buy of 2018.
2018 Accord: Overall Best Buy & Midsize Car Winner
As we know, the midsize sedan market has been a bit lackluster recently, with cars losing drivers to the oftentimes more versatile crossovers and family-oriented SUVs. But the 2018 Honda Accord is showing that there’s still a lot—and we do mean a whole lot—to love about owning a stylish and spacious car.
The range-topping Touring trim is the heart and soul of the 2018 Accord. It features a chic moonroof, heated front seats, blind-spot detection, an updated 8-inch touchscreen with Honda’s acclaimed infotainment system, keyless entry, head-up display, wireless charging, Wi-Fi, and the segment’s first adaptive damper system. All this for about the same MSRP as an average entry-level sedan.
“Value without compromise is as rare as it is desirable, and it’s why the all-new Honda Accord is our Overall Best Buy for 2018.” – KBB.com
In addition to being the Overall Best Buy, the 2018 Honda Accord, with its fully revitalized interior and exterior, also won the award for Best Midsize Car. It’s fitting, really.
<iframe src=’//players.brightcove.net/234507581/NyBRsct3l_default/index.html?videoId=5649190213001#t=1s’ allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>
Honda is Shooting 58% from the Field in 2018
Having been awarded seven of twelve KBB trophies for 2018, Honda is in a prime spot for MVP of all time with an FG% just a tad over 58. (To put that in perspective, G.O.A.T. Michael Jordan shot under 50% from the field through his illustrious career.) The Accord brought home gold for Overall Best Buy and Best Midsize Car, but the following 2018 Honda models were all vying for the top spot, too:
- 2018 Honda Civic (Small Car Award): One year removed from being the Overall Best Buy winner, the Honda Civic and its refreshed design proudly win the title of Best Small Car according to KBB. “When the current-generation model was introduced for 2016, the Honda Civic graduated from category benchmark to segment game-changer. No compact car was roomier, tech-savvier and more feature-filled than the newest Civic, a fact that remains as true today as it was then.”
- 2018 Honda CR-V (Small SUV Award): The 2018 CR-V makes up for a missed appearance from last year’s KBB award season with a win in the 2018 Small SUV category. “Honda’s compact SUV returns in all-new form and back to the head of the class with superior room, impressive safety features, and a turbocharged engine.”
- 2018 Honda Pilot (Midsize SUV Award): Shooting from the hip isn’t what Honda is known for; you get no-nonsense quality and high-end features with every model in its lineup, including (and especially) the new 2018 Honda Pilot. “If you’re looking for a midsize SUV that’s virtually free of compromises, you can’t do better than the 2018 Honda Pilot.” That’s probably why it won the Midsize SUV KBB award.
- 2018 Honda Odyssey (Minivan Award): A year removed from the KBB Minivan Best Buy throne, the new 2018 Odyssey is back with a vengeance. “Given that families have more important things on which to spend their money (and plenty of less important things, too), the Honda Odyssey’s lower total ownership costs go a long way in helping it claim this year’s Minivan Best Buy Award.”
- 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid (Electric/Hybrid Award): Toted as “a new benchmark among ‘green’ cars,” the 2018 Clarity PHEV has achieved two feats few of its peers have: win the KBB Electric/Hybrid Best Buy award and be in the running for Overall Best Buy. This Honda plug-in drives like a typical gas-powered sedan, and it might be the wave of the future.
Lease or Finance a 2018 Honda near Dayton, OH
Whether you’re in the market for a new Accord or family-friendly minivan like the Odyssey, you can bet our Miami Valley Honda Dealers near Dayton, OH, will have all your bases covered. We offer holiday special offers on many new Hondas, including 2017 and 2018 models, that will help you save cash on something a bit larger than a stocking stuffer.
Get to shopping for a new car today! Find your nearest Honda dealer near Beavercreek to test drive a 2018 Honda Accord or another award-winning vehicle. Happy holidays!
Sources & Photos: