Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
Why Buy Certified? Certification Standards.
Buying a Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is a smart choice. Only well-maintained Honda vehicles that are under six years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles are eligible for certification. The program includes many other benefits that a private seller just can’t match, like a thorough 182-point inspection conducted by a team of Honda-trained technicians.
Every Honda is a product of innovative engineering and quality manufacturing. The certification process includes:
– A thorough 150-point mechanical and appearance inspection, performed by the dealer, to ensure that each vehicle meets Honda Certified Used Cars standards
– Honda-trained technicians scrutinize all major vehicle systems, including brakes, engine, drivetrain, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust system and vehicle interior and exterior
– Dealer technicians recondition any component that does not meet our standards
– Any component that cannot be reconditioned is replaced with Genuine Honda parts
– A limited warranty that covers engine and transmission components for up to 7 years/100,000 miles. *7-year/100,000-mile limited warranty from the original in-service date. See dealer for limited warranty details.
Thanks to one of the most extensive used-car warranties in the business, every Honda Certified Used Car comes with peace of mind. It covers major engine and transmission components, except for standard maintenance items, body glass and interior. Honda will repair or replace any covered part that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use. There is a $0 deductible and the major systems/components that are covered can be found in the Warranty Booklet.
Free CARFAX Vehicle History Report™
Your Honda dealer will provide a complimentary Vehicle History Report to help ensure that your vehicle does not have any DMV-reported incidents, such as salvage, flood damage, odometer problems and lemon history. You can also check the Vehicle History Report when you shop online.
If you’re considering a Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle, Honda Care® Certified Additional Coverage is a smart option. Even though Honda is known for its long-term reliability, it’s good to know that you have that extra measure of protection for your investment.
With Honda Care®, your used vehicle is protected in such critical areas as engine, transmission, suspension, air conditioning/heating and fuel system, etc. Honda Care® is transferable between private parties.
Plans and Eligibility
Honda Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle qualify for Honda Care® Certified Additional Coverage, with plans ranging from 7 years*/100,000 total odometer miles up to 8* years/120,000 total odometer miles (whichever occurs first).
Honda Care® for Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle
A Honda Care® Certified Additional Coverage vehicle service contract is a valuable addition to the limited factory warranty that comes with every Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. Whether you lease or buy your vehicle, with Honda Care®, you’ll enjoy such amenities as:
- Concierge Emergency Service*
- Personalized Travel Plan*
- Comprehensive-Component Coverage
- Roadside Assistance*
- Lock-Out Assistance*
- Rental-Car Reimbursement Benefits
- Trip-Interruption Benefits*
* From original in-service date.
|A 7-year/100,000 total odometer mile (whichever occurs first) powertrain limited warranty1||Yes||No|
|A thorough multi-point inspection||Yes||No|
|Special financing rate with Honda Financial Services on select models||Yes||No|
|Any worn parts are reconditioned or replaced to meet Honda standards||Yes||No|
|Free Vehicle History Reports are available at dealerships and online||Yes||No|
|Search online from a national inventory made up of local Honda dealers||Yes||No|
|Free XM® Radio2 three-month trial period||Yes||No|